Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Monday, September 28, 2009

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Patrick Swazye strongly proclaimed during the summer's finale show that "Nobody put's Baby in a corner."

Well apperantly you can put Baby in the corner.

When you live in a 900 sq foot loft you learn to turn every inch into usable space and we have done just that. This whole pregnancy people have been asking "Do you have the nursery ready?"or "What is your theme for the nursery?"

My answer has always been the same. "Baby doesn't have a nursery, Baby has wall" And now that it is all said and done Baby actually has a window view!
When we decided to stay in our loft for the time being I had to go through a time of grieving over the fact that I would not have a nursery to set up for my first precious baby. Along with planning my wedding since I was twelve, I had also spent years imagining how special and joyful it would be to set up the nursery for my first baby with my husband. But in the end, I got Urban Living over my first nursery.
And low and behold, now I like it! Living in such a small space with limited storage has made us choose our baby gear wisely and only buy the necessities that friends and family have recommended. Which is a very different list than the ones the websites or store advertisements will give you! Turns out I don't need the wipes warmer, the armoire, pastel colored walls, designer art, bilingual newborn toys, or three different strollers for my baby to thrive.

I have a heart that is already enamored with this Baby and a soul full of prayer for this little one. And I think we're going to get by just fine, dream nursery or not.


4 comments:

shelly said...

True that to not needing everything. But let me just say that your curtains are fab! =)

Julie D. said...

I love your 'nursery'!!! It is perfect. Baby will now be able to say that he/she lived in an urban loft as a newborn. Nothing cooler than that! ;)

CulyQFun said...

So cute! YOu've done a good job. It looks adorable. Now we just need the baby in it to make it a complete picture ;o)

Christy said...

GENius intro!!! And what a beautiful 'corner' you've created!!