Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Pink Bows and Camo Pants

This baby is gearing up to be born in just a few more weeks. The fewer the better if you ask me. With in reason of course! Woman have always told me how the last little bit is the hardest, and this pregnancy has been such a breeze I thought I just might miss out on some of that.

Ahh wishful thinking. I am in the middle of my eighth month and am experiencing many of the necessary accouterments such as low back pain, pelvis pain as the baby drops and tilts forwards that makes me walk at a pace slower than a snail, uncomfortable contacts and poor vision, and of course, shortness of breath.

But on the positive side last night I got to feel my baby's entire bum as it pushed out against my belly! It was wild and incredible. I would stick both hands on my belly and its little baby butt would push out of the opening between my hands and you could actually feel the whole thing, almost like I was holding Baby a little.

I tried to get Daren to do it and to see how cool it was, but it was in the middle of the Duck game. I should've known better. I will try again when something else is on...like Project Runway.

We are also busy trying to get everything prepared for our precious package to arrive. Putting furniture together, cleaning, stocking up on everything from peanut butter to toilet paper in hopes that I will be able to keep all three of us fed and relatively clean in those early days.

One other such tasks has been buying Baby's going home outfit. I got to buy the baby girl outfit and Daren bought the baby boy outfit. Take a quick peek at our choices.

A sweet and simple pink flowered onsie with pink bows
for our possible precious baby girl.

--Keep in mind that when I met Daren he was driving a station wagon looking Audi, had never been hunting, owned no guns and was nearly a vegetarian. Today he drives a Toyota Tundra, hunts and fishes anytime he can, has a full clip for one of his guns on his bedside stand, and loves my affinity for red meat.-- here is his choice if we are being blessed with a boy!

An awesome display of baby camo for our sweet and studly
possible baby boy.
I love it!

7 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh my word!!!! his choice is absolutely hilarious!! so sweet and cuddly!!! ;) LOL!! perfect. Love the girl outfit too. how cool to feel its bum!! The best part of the whole pregnancy thing in my opinion. almost there!

Julie D. said...

PS. is the little boys outfit really a 0-3/newborn size?! Its looks ginormous! :)

CulyQFun said...

Cute outfits. He is really hoping it;s a boy isnt he? Hope you both saved the receipts just in case.

The difference between the two is so striking...The girl one is so sweet & nice & his so out there..."Hello world, I am a boy"

CulyQFun said...

p.s. but i love it!!!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! Both are adorable! I'm very impressed with your patience in finding out the sex of the baby! I was watching "A Baby Story" (I do that a lot...), and this couple was told they were having twin boys, so they got all prepared with boy clothes and decorated their room...and they were surprised with twin girls! That's what I would be afraid of...so I think being surprised is the way to go. Greg does not agree. I can't wait to see who you are blessed with! :o)

Christy said...

SO great!!

shelly said...

Love the camo!