Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Safari Life

Since we are such a superior couple and excel at living, for our Babymoon we chose to go on a safari....

Well, ok it was simply a trip to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival and a drive through Wildlife Safari just down the road in Winston, OR. We had to stop every hour of the trip to find a bathroom and I had just crossed over into the" Too big to Move Freely or Walk Down Stairs without White Knuckling the Handrails in Case I Should Lose My Balance One More Time" stage. Which often results in a very bored husband with nothing more to do than imbibe on the various pints of beer offered throughout the town.

Either way, we had a nice time and it was really cool to see all of these crazy animals so up close and personal. From Yaks and Zebras to Brown Bears, Tigers and Cheetahs it was wild to see such beautiful animals in Oregon.

All in all, if you find yourself driving through southern Oregon take exit 119 and you too can excel at living at go on a safari! :)


Eye to Eye with Mr Giraffe out of the top of our sunroof.

Elephant car wash anyone?

I told Daren that I was hoping for an elephant face since that seemed to feel more fitting.


The Family of Turtles

Twin Buttes

2 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

This looks like sooo much fun! I've always wanted to go there just to see it but the groups I was with when traveling to OSF never wanted to make the stop out there.

Alison said...

I love the elephant car wash!! It was fun to catch up on the baby. I don't know how you have waited to find out what you are having. I think I "needed" to be prepared for another boy. I'd like to say if I ever had another one that I wouldn't find out but I don't know if I could--and gosh dang it--I can always tell on ultrasound (as many as I have to have). Good luck in the short weeks to come ;) Can't wait to hear if it is blue or pink!!