Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sane or Not Sane...Back off I'm pregnant

In pregnancy a lot of things go missing.  You lose your toes, you lose your eyesight. Your hipbones and cheekbones turn up missing all of the sudden. Sleeping , because now is when you need it, is a joke. Your waist disappears and you say a long goodbye to all of those cute clothes you used to wear.

Of all of the things I have lost with this pregnancy, I miss my sanity the most.

Along with the achingly adorable baby that inhabits your midsection something else also comes to inhabit you. Its some other woman who has a totally different body and a totally different sent of emotional responses.  Of course, what makes it tricky, is that this other woman hides out from time to time and then shows up with a cacophony of opinions, hurt feelings and concerns. 

And SHAZZAM! Pregnant Girl is in the house.

I swear, there are evenings in our house where my husband and I are sitting next to each other just like normal and its like we both feel we are married to a total stranger! 

 With him thinking "Where is my cool and stable wife that used to think I was kind of funny?"
And Pregnant Girl thinking while crying crocodile tears " How can he possibly be so insensitive! Did he not see that sad kitten on the last commercial...and I've told him about the time I had to put my cat to sleep when I was 8!!!"

Even without my eyesight, waistline and sanity I enjoy this crazy ride that is pregnancy. 

Although, I think we will both welcome back the normal Sarah with open arms... and a great glass of red wine.


1 comment:

CulyQFun said...

Ohhh, girl it gets better.
I am right there with you, it's hard but soooo worth it.
And I will have a glass of wine with you!