Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Today I am 30!

Today I am 30.  

Its the end of a decade and the beginning of a decade. 
A bittersweet mixture of emotions. 

I am very sentimental about saying goodbye to my 20's. Its been a big season of my life.

In my 20s...

I turned 21 and discovered I have an natural ability to out drink most men ( think Karen Allen in Raiders of the Lost Ark)

I graduated from college with my BA in Psychology and a minor in business, you know, just to make it practical.

I moved to LA all by myself to pursue a dream

I brought home the worst puppy in the world, named him Boomer and proceeded to work through 2 full years of dog training in order to mold him the love of my heart that he is today. Even if I am the only one who loves him most of the time!

I found Pilates which changed my body and Yoga which changed my body image.

I laughed until I cried.

I saw God move in ways that make it impossible for me not to believe.

I healed.

I succeeded on nothing but my own capabilities and merits, and got a great friend out of the deal too.

I got engaged and planned my dream wedding.

I got married!

I learned what it is to be a wife and a true partner in life, and all of the sharing that entails! I still don't share dessert but the occasional salad and soda...I've come along way my friends.

I traveled.

I got pregnant.

I miscarried.

I got pregnant again with our first baby due this fall.

In my 30s I will become a mother.
This and that my God will never leave me are my only two certainties of the next ten years.

Hello 30s!  I hear I'm going to like you.



6 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

This is a great blog!! Happy Birthday, Sarah!!

Tiah said...

Happy Birthday SD...SB I mean! I love this post! It made me reflect as well! And I wanted to tell you the drinking thing must be in the water here in Pendleton, I find I can out drink the fellas too! I wish you much happiness in your 30's and beyond!
T

CulyQFun said...

Great Post!
You are going to love your 30"s!
Have a Happy Day!!!!
We will miss you tonight.

Christy said...

...I liked that...aLOT! you...are going to be an amazing mother...one of the 'naturals'...I think you should just burn all those books you have 'cause you're going to finesse it...can't wait to see your 30's!!

The Van Dorens said...

Happy 30th Sarah! I've enjoyed being your friend during your 20's and am looking forward to this next decade of friendship! Can't wait to meet that bundle of joy! What a great way to kick off a new decade!

Julie D. said...

a great decade, for sure! You will probably never share dessert. It's genetic.