Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Signs Sleep Deprivation


Sleep deprivation will do funny things to a person. It can change you into a different person all together in only a few weeks and make you do things that are completely out of character. Case in point...

Last night I offered half of my cupcake to my husband.

I live and breathe by my very strict "I do not share dessert" rule. No, law. This is a family law that has been tested and proven year after year and I stand very steadfast in this. But...

Last night I offered half of my cupcake to my husband.

"Do you want half of this?" I said after just one bite. He did a physical double take with his head that reminded me of a shocked George Jetson or Fred Flinstone when Judy or Wilma did something crazy.

"I'm that tired" was my response. And he smiled and snatched his half of the cupcake before I could change my mind and devour the entire sweet thing right in front of him.

Sleep deprivation can make you do funny things and shock those who love you most.

Last night I offered half of my cupcake to my husband and...

Even Georgia was surprised.

4 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

Wow you must have been really, really tired!! Georgia's expression is priceless!!

Julie D. said...

love that! I don't think Ryan has ever been that sleep deprived. Darn it.

CulyQFun said...

Love her expression!!!
Yes,not sleeping can make you do strange things!

I was up the night before last almost every hour with Addie - she is teething. I prayed at least 2x for you as I was awake. Figuring one of those times you might have been up too.

Christy said...

Love that the sleep deprivation has driven you to SHARING!! All it took for Jase to share desserts was a hiring personal trainer and a smaller caloric intake than a centipede could survive on. ;o)! it is sweet that he shares now...but never shares the 'good parts' of the dessert...wonder if your sleep deprivation has taken away the ability to discern what the 'good parts' are...