Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I don't mean to brag

I don't mean to brag... but I totally do.

My sweet baby girl is one month old today and is fresh off of her first overnight trip to the Seattle area where we attended the 7th out of 9 Glow girl weddings. As any good new mom does, I purchased our first pack-n-play on the way out of town and had my husband huck it into the back of the truck along with the plethora of baggage I had packed for the two day event.

Now, I understand the risks associated with testing the fates of motherhood and jinxing whatever good behavior or patterns are emerging in your children with very little actual work from you, the parent. But for this I am willing to take those risks.

Little Baby Georgia slept for 7 hours straight, two nights in a row, in a hotel! I, of course, did not sleep all of those hours straight as I woke up at our usual times to reach over and feel the breath coming out of her nose or to jiggle her just a touch to see her move. But my month old baby slept through the night twice. It was shocking and incredible.

I had to sing at the wedding and was especially relived that I didn't have to spend the whole night awake and have my voice be iffy for my good friends special day. God was smiling on us in that hotel room, I think.

Here is the little champ lounging away the hours in her new favorite place to sleep. Look how she is even smiling a little! There really is nothing like a good nights sleep.

5 comments:

shelly said...

Seven hours of sleep! Good for you and I am extremely jealous!!

Christy said...

brag away...and you know what...it does have a lil something to do with what a fantastic and relaxed momma you are...I could eat her...I love that picture..love how content she looks!!

Christy said...

ps...love that you used the work 'huck'!

Julie D. said...

AWESOME!!! ANd you SANG?!!! you are a rockstar.

CulyQFun said...

Wow, a busy weekend!
But she slept that is great!!
She is adorable...I love that picture of her sleeping.