Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Family Roles

Mother and Daughter- We really like each other

Our baby girl turned 3 weeks yesterday and it seems that all of our family roles are beginning to form.

Boomer The Gentle Babysitter

He likes to site next to her when she's crying and next to us when she's nursing. He still gets up with me at night when I'm up to check on her, if she happens to sleep longer than expected...you know to check to make sure she's breathing like any good new mom, and when she eats he wakes up and plays with something until we go back to sleep.


Burl the Enforcer.

Burl is not one to lean toward the gentle side, instead he tends toward the protective. He gets very anxious when she cries too much and will follow me around the house, with his little fast feet dancing, to make sure I'm solving the problem. I often find him at my feet while we are at the changing table. Here he is with our nephew, Nathan, just stopping in to make sure he is ok to be holding her.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh.My.Gosh.

I adore this post and those pictures!!! I can't wait to hold that pretty lil thing at Baby Kate's Birthday Bash...I will even put down my cupcake for a chance to hold her...

Anonymous said...

OK the photo of you (curlers in your hair) and your sweet princess....Georgia totally looks like you....such great photos with the doggies. ~Patty DeGrofft

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

That is AWESOME!! Love this!!!

CulyQFun said...

Cute!!! Can't wait to meet her & hold her.

Julie D. said...

love the first pic of you and her. that one is going to be a classic! Love those dogs!