Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Learning

This I have learned from my one month as a mother:

-Its OK to do one thing at a time and focus on only that one thing.

- Giving one person your undivided attention it priceless and necessary. Facebook, texting, email and the news will still be there later but this moment will not.

- Don't procrastinate. If you don't do it now, it may not get done at all.

- The difference between procrastinating and putting something off because you really need the rest.

- Selflessness meets many of your needs and actually feels better than selfishness.

-My body has done something incredible and miraculous and it deserves to be treated with kindness in thought, word and action.

- God's love for us is unfathomable. He loves me more than I love her, and He loves her more than I love her. Unfathomable!

- Its OK to need to put the baby down just so that you have nothing and no one touching you.

-Making marriage a priority needs to be a priority.

- Even when totally sleep deprived and hormonal you still get to choose the words you let come out of your mouth.

- Its OK to ask for help when I need it.

- I love my little family.

4 comments:

CulyQFun said...

Great list!

It's amazing what we think we know and then we have children and that changes again.

And isn't amazing how God's love becomes soooo real & even more amazing when we hold that little one for the first time. I remember thinking about that the day Ellia was born and just crying. Sooo amazing!

I just love pics of Daren and her together!! She has him wrapped around her little fingers already.

shelly said...

That's really sweet and all true! Thanks for sharing.

Julie D. said...

all so true. you've learned fast...wish i could have learned it as fast! :) in following gina's comment...it is hard to understand Christ's love for us until you have your own child. It became crystal clear for me from that point on.

Christy said...

Love this...so true!! Looks like you're a full jedi out of the gate! So wise, you are!!