Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Movin on up

Great news! It seems that pregnancy universe has taken mercy on me after my last week.

At my regular biweekly doctors appointment today I received a great boost in spirits. The conversation went a little something like this:

"Well let's see, everything looks good and you are 32 weeks and 3 days." says my Dr while tipping his glasses on his nose to read the computer screen in front of him.

"Wait, I'm what?" I asked in a confused and hopeful tone

"You're 32 weeks and 3 days. You are measuring out right between 32 and 33 weeks and we have you with a due date of October 17th." he states matter of factly.

"YES!" I said with the necessary fist pump.

I was on track to cross over into week 32 this week and still had a full 8 weeks to get through with an original due date of Oct 21st. Though I knew, I just knew I was further along than that and that I would never make it to the 21st.

So todays announcement was not only joyous to hear, it was also a nice confirmation that my intuition is working good and well.

Baby and I are movin on up towards our due date!

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

you are going to your doc twice a week now? are they monitoring something? yay! can't wait for baby b. new due date puts a little more pressure on the shower now...you better hold out until at least september 20th now! ;)

SarahDB said...

No, no special monitoring. The new due date is based on my last ultrasound and my belly measurements. So, I think that my doc already knew about the updated due date but I was still going with the last one. HA!

shelly said...

Yeah for you! I read about your crying spell in Starbucks and have to share my crybaby story =) I was resting in bed, eyes closed, Sunday morning when I was awoken by a hard "Whop!" in the nose by Tate who was weilding a massager thingy (very hard massager thingy). It shocked me and hurt some, but not what would normal elicit tears. Anyway, I couldn't stop crying! I got up and kept bawling in the shower! Eric was watching me like I was crazy and put Tate in time out. When I remembered it the following morning, I couldn't stop laughing! At the beginning of this pregnancy I was enjoying being in touch with my emotions, but I gotta say that at this point I'm sick of it!