Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Another perk of Urban Life

Today I am locked in.

I've always figured that at some point I would get locked out of our house, but never locked in. When I lived in my previous building, before getting married, I locked myself out once and had to sit in the hallway with my dog until 1:00 am until the locksmith got there.  That was a peach of an experience!

Today I am locked in!

Last night, after a long day of exploring and trekking around, Daren and I arrived home both blurry eyed. We bathed the dogs, who still smell a little like wet hay, and crashed into bed. It was not until this morning's much needed dog walk that I realized I couldn't find my keys.  At first this was a pretty normal occurrence. Yesterday morning I couldn't find my keys but them I found them in my sweatshirt pocket.  Today, I had no such luck. 

With the dogs trying their best to wait patiently at the door I searched every known hiding place for my keys, then it hit me. That sudden burst of realization where you remember exactly where your missing keys are, and they are not in my house.  My keys are, in fact, at work with my husband!

Thus locking me in for the entire day.  When you live in a building you can't enter the building at all without your building specific key. And, wouldn't you know it, our building has just recently upped their security so its even harder to try and prop a door open ( already tried it this morning and was promptly scolded) or to get in any other doors that used to be easier to open.

I had so many errands planned for today, but today had other plans.

1 comment:

CulyQFun said...

Forgetting where your keys are - totally pregnancy related.

Forgetfulness - comes while pregnant & never really gets better. Buckle in as it's going to be a long ride!