Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Highlights of my First Trimester

I'm 12 weeks ! This was my first pregnancy goal. I've made it to 12 weeks and I've made it through all of the First Trimester goodness. Here are the highlights.
-Taking 4 boxes worth of pregnancy test
-Hiding being pregnant from my closest friends for a full week while all staying in the same house at Glow Camp
-Being so afraid it was going to go away, I didn't want to get
 off of the couch and risk anything
-Nausea 
-Bursting into tears when my pregnancy symptoms would come and go and convincing myself that something was wrong. Only to call my mom and have her laugh at me over the phone and reassure me that its normal and I should learn to appreciate the days I'm not sick
-Nausea
- My new found deep love of orange juice
-Puking up my newly loved orange juice
- Turning into the Napping Queen ( sung to Abba's Dancing Queen)
-Bursting into tears after my mom left for her month long trip to India 
because I realized I didn't have one of her recipes. Thats right, just one, and yes she is available by phone.
-Dry Heaving
- Walking around feeling like some new 8th drawf combination of Sneezy, Dopey and Grumpy
- AND the time is took me 15 minutes to come up with the word Porcupine.
Plus, my all time favorite
- Running the Shamrock Run with my brother getting morning sickness in a port-a-potty!

It is no joke when people call pregnancy an adventure! Your formerly predictable body is now completely crazy and even you don't have a clue whats coming next.
And I feel so blessed that I get the chance to experience it.

Second trimester, even bigger bra's and maternity cloths....here we come!

10 comments:

Studlows said...

I am SO glad you get to experience all the joys of pregnancy! You look fantastic, Sarah! Hopefully the nausea will wear off soon. Thanks for the update and pictures!

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Welcome to the club! We are only 7 weeks apart!! So excited for you two friend! You look so cute!!!

Cortaberria Crew said...

Congratulations Sarah! I must say that I don't envy the morning sickness! I lucked out.
Be sure to keep your blog updated! I'll be checking in.
Thank you for sharing!

Christy said...

I love this! Very funny!

Love you!

me said...

YAY!!!

Peplynpak said...

A big congrats to you both! You look great as usual!! Have fun with the maternity shopping!! :)

The Van Dorens said...

Yeah for Baby B! We are so excited for you two. You look awesome and glad that you are enjoying the pregnancy journey!

Alison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you (well, and sorry for you and the sickness!! TOTALLY understand all of those--expect mine lasted until 27 weeks!) Can't wait to hear more about the little one :)

CulyQFun said...

Cute post!!! Can't wait to hear all about the 2nd trimester.

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

Oh you are wonderful! Its great to see you so happy!