Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Brief Brag

Oh what a wonderful morning, Oh what a wonderful day!

I have a fantastic husband.

Yesterday was my definition of a Perfect Sunday all thanks to Daren and the sun.   I awoke to the sun shinning in through the windows and the dogs up and ready for a walk. After seeing so much rain its always something to take note of when he get our first bits of sunny weather in the NW.  So much so that our pastor at church announced right away that everyone could be excused since it was so sunny out. He suggests that maybe we should close church for the day since we closed when it was so snowy, which is a regional rarity, so maybe we should also close when its very sunny!

I left home early to go and work with the preschool children for the 9:00 service. They put me in charge of the art project...pause for laughter from my family and close friends who know I don't have an ounce of artistic ability in my body.  Then my awesome husband came to meet me for the 10:30 service and even brought with him a whole bunch of granola bars for me to snack on during the service.

We find out seats in the balcony, where you can coffee, and he leans over and tells me that in his truck he has packed the dogs and a bag for each of us and we are going on a surprise hike after church! It was fantastic! I was so excited to get out in into the sun, and to see just what my husband had packed for me, that we actually did leave church early. Just a little, and we were certainly not the only ones. :)

We stopped at a little local deli to pick up handmade sandwiches and headed to our destination. Daren had done a great packing job and packed me everything I would have packed on my own! Hike #1 in "The Best Northwest Hikes with Dogs", Tyron Creek State Park. In the book it was only going to take up 1.5 hours. Well, true to form, we took a few extra turns and ended up hiking on this beautiful trail over streams and around fantastic Trillium for 3 full hours.  

The day ended with watching the Blazers game and dinner out with friends.

It was so romantic and spontaneous. In my book, it was a perfect Sunday perfectly planned by my fantastic husband.

Thank you Daren for the fantastic Sunday. You are wonderful!

3 comments:

CulyQFun said...

Awwwww, how fun & romantic. He is a keeper!

Julie D. said...

what a great day!

Christy said...

Was that Tryon Creek? If so...I LIVED in that park as a high schooler! GREAT trails!