Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hot Wings from Heaven: The Recipe

By popular demand here is the recipe for Hot Wings From Heaven.

Ingredients

Sauce
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup hot sauce , preferably Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce, plus more to taste
2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons cider vinegar

Wings
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon table salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 pounds chicken wings (18 wings), cut up (see illustrations below)

Instructions
1. For the Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in hot sauces, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.

2. For the Wings: Mix cayenee pepper, black pepper, salt and corn starch in small bowl. Toss chicken wings in mixture until well coated.

4. Bake wings in over heated too 350 for about 20 minutes or until skin is crips and juice runs clear.

4. To Serve: Pour sauce mixture into large bowl, add chicken wings, and toss until wings are uniformly coated. Serve immediately with the carrot and celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on side.

3 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

Looks like my husband might be enjoying some wings.... (I'm a vegetarian...who cooks meat because I love my husband.) :D

I am also here to welcome you to SITS! The list of amazing women is endless. Have fun looking around. If you have a minute I just started an "I Love Being Carded" card swap. Check it out....
*I love the dog tinkling story...:)

Anonymous said...

My husband would be in wing heaven if I made these for him. Thanks for the recipe. I think if you can tackle wings you can cook anything! Love the beautiful photo from your wedding :) Welcome to SITS!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Wow, these sound awesome! I think I need to give them a try. Welcome to SITS:)