Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Monday, March 17, 2008

I went for the Rice-A-Roni...

...and ended up with hot wings sauce in my eye. I don't have any idea where I was which is how I spent much of my time visiting San Francisco over the weekend. Luckily, Daren spent 7 years there in school and one of my college roommates, Beth, has lived down there most of her life so I was in good company.

Daren was asked by the Board of Podiatric Surgeons to come down to San Fran and assist in the testing process. Since his trip was paid for and I had never seen the city it made perfect sense to take a long weekend and experience the incredible city of San Francisco.



I met up with my friend, Beth, for a tour of the city complete with boutique shopping and martinis.

That evening Daren made reservations for us at a place called Julies Supper Club that he remembered as a really cool hot spot and wanted to show me. Note that it has been eight years since my dear Daren has lived in SF...When we showed up this place was a dead as a doorknob with no one in the whole building except for the bartender! After sufficiently laughing at Daren the three of us hailed a cab and made it so Cha, Cha,Cha's and literally gorged ourselves on the most delicious Cuban food and sangria ever! It was really really amazing food.






On Saturday Daren and I went on a beautiful 8 mile run around the city. We ran from Golden Gate Park through some cute neighborhoods and even up one "San Francisco hill" and came down into the beach by some old ruins of a bathhouse. It was so pretty and just perfect weather but I don't have any pictures because Daren successfully convinced me that it was in fact ridiculous to take my phone, inhaler, sunglasses, cash, ID, debit card, hotel key and camera on an eight mile run! But take my word for it that is was great. After the run we met up with Beth and her black lab at a coffee house called Java Beach. Great coffee, great food, great company and a black lab...perfect morning.

That night Daren and I went to a place that will forever be in our hearts and minds as one of the best dinners ever. The House of Prime Rib! Nothing on the menu but red meat, potatoes, and red wine. It was heaven.




Sunday we made the rounds of all things San Fran. Including the trolley, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirideli Square, In and Out Burger, a photo booth, and china town. It is a fantastic city with so much character and diversity. Plus I found my perfect wedding shoes.








I never did get my rice-a-roni, the San Francisco treat, but I did get coffee splashed in my face on the way to the airport. I call it a draw.

7 comments:

Studlows said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Much better than Rice-a-Roni!

The Van Dorens said...

What a fun weekend! Great pictures too! Can't wait for the big day next month!

Julie D. said...

how fun!

Christy said...

Oh man...jealous!! Looks and sounds like a blast...except for the coffee in the face...

Peplynpak said...

Very cute pictures!! Glad you enjoyed the city!!

CulyQFun said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I went to SF when I was a teenager - didn't appreciate it as much as I would now.
Ellia got red shoes today to wear with her dress for your wedding. What do you think can she be a honorary member of the wedding party? ;o)

Lacey Lichi said...

Ahhh, yeah. We need that kind of weather. I love looking at your blog- you look so fantastically, over the moon happy. It just makes me smile and brings back the butterfly moments from our beginnings. (Not that the butterflies should stop- they just change!) It makes me remember sharing Anthony with you on our trip to DC/LA. That was a LONG time ago. All that said to say- I'M SO FLIPPIN HAPPY that you look happy. I can't wait to meet this obviously fabulous man one of these days.