Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Family


Family. We are about to be a family. Just he and I, a little pod that will someday sprout up into a whole family tree. Amazing.

My parents hosted a Family to Family Engagement Brunch at their house on Sunday. It was wonderful. Full of great food- strawberries, honey roasted ham, cream puffs, salads, chocolate eclairs, and my mothers trademark chocolate fountain and sugar cookies shaped in a D and an S frosted with our wedding colors. There was wine, oh was there ever wine! Coffee and cream, tea, sodas,beer, mimosas...It was a feast. Our first official family feast.

Come April 26th we will be family. I find this truly amazing and moving and so very exciting. And all of these people that came to join us and celebrate with us on Sunday will be our family too. It was such a memorable and powerful moment when this hit me. All of the sudden it really hit me that I am getting married and the true depth of that. His family is my family. My family is his family and Daren and I will go on to have a family of our own. What a wonderful concept.
And...we all got along. What an even more wonderful concept.




5 comments:

Julie D. said...

great picture! did christy take that? sad I missed it!!...and NO it wasn't because of the food and wine...because of the company of course!! ;) glad you guys are MY family. Congrats, again. we love you,
j.

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

This is a really good piece and I absolutely love the photo of you two, simply amazing!

Peplynpak said...

I'm so happy for you Sarah!!...what a good looking couple you are too!!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

Wait until you 5 year anniversary, when you're about to pop with baby number three...talk about a family tree! It's a blessing!

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

Wait until you 5 year anniversary, when you're about to pop with baby number three...talk about a family tree! It's a blessing!