Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

We have flowergirls!

Between the two of us Daren and I have eight, yes that's 8, nephews and not a single niece. Leaving us with an abundance of ring bearers but no flower girls. Lucky for us we each have one little girl in our lives that we are especially close to and love. Daren has Ella, the 7 year old spitfire who already possesses a natural grace and elegance and who likes me better than his ex girlfriend ( when Ella told me "I like you better" on the first day I met her she instantly endeared herself to me for the rest of her life! Hahaha!). And I have Emma, the 5 years old firecracker with the most magical imagination I have ever been blessed enough to be a part of.

Daren and I went to "Build-a-Bear" and built bride bears for each of the girls. We individualized each one with a sound chip that said "Ella will you be our flower girl" and of course Emma's said Emma.

When Ella got hers she acted like she was in shock. Then in a very nonchalant grown up at 7 years old way, said yes. She then ran upstairs with her bear and turned to her mom with great excitement and said "Can you believe it!!"


When I asked Emma I almost cried. She played the voice recording about 5 times in a row and then I said "Does this make sense? Will you be in my wedding?" She smiled, nodded and then threw herself into my arms for a great big 5 year old bear hug.

I am so excited to have these two girls in my wedding. We are going to have the cutest, feistiest pair of flower girls this town has ever seen!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Ditto what Julie said! Very creative as well!! Leave it to you to think outside the box...but funny that in doing that, you decided to put your voices IN a box...very cool!! (i'm on painkillers for my back right now, so just go with it!)