Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A dream and a dress


A girl spends a good amount of time as a child pretending. Pretending to be a teacher, pretending know how to write in cursive, pretending she is a bride. Each bought of pretending is filled with the most remarkable details in her mind including what her hair looks like, what she is wearing, how tall she is and who is there with her. Any any given moment of imagination a child pretending can relay to you where they are, who they are, what they like and don't like, and where they plan to go.

As a girl I was one of "those". Not only did I pretend that I could write in cursive while playing teacher but I have been pretending and dreaming about being a bride for as long as I can remember. I have been dreaming about my wedding dress for even longer. And in great detail. That dream has come true. That little girl pretending to be a beautiful bride in the most amazing dress she has ever worn has come true. I have found my wedding dress!

The ladies of my life gathered round at my condo for a "Ladies Lunch". Everyone arrived dressed to the nines and ready to enjoy day of champagne, bubbling over with laughter and supporting that dream of finding the perfect dress.

The dress was found! Believe it or not it was the very first dress I tired on. It was also the only dress that made my best friend who rarely cries cry. When she came around the curtain of the dressing room with tears in her eyes and hugged me that was it. The deal of the dress was sealed in tears between two lifelong friends who have spent many years dreaming and pretending together.

The day was a dream and the dress is a dream come true. I have plenty of pictures but everyone who was there that day is under a strict gag order about the dress...so no peeking. You can see it in April.

1 comment:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

Props to Christy for yet another great photo!! And I loved reading this piece, this whole thing is so exciting and incredible and I am very happy for you both!!