Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Love and Laundry

Laundry = Romance. Is this a sign of things to come in my life as a future wife and mother or was it just one of those spontaneous moments that I will always remember as special. I chose to believe the latter. Never before has folding laundry been a romantic experience for me. Most of the time the folding of my laundry is an afterthought and is only done when guests come over to clear a space on the couch! This time, this one time, it was different.

Daren was over at my place and I had been puttering around like I usually do in the evenings. We had cooked dinner together and I was catching up on those mundane chores you don't think to do when you are busy being in love and planning your dream wedding. Hence the laundry.... the only thing left to do was fold the towels and the sheets that where heaped on the edge of the couch, already dotted with dog hair. I walked into the other room to put away a new stock of clean socks and when I came back into the living room Daren was folding my laundry! This in and of itself was wonderful and thoughtful. He picked up the red sheets and began to fold the big queen sized top sheet and it was clear that it can be folded best with four hands. So I walked over and took the opposite side of the big red sheet. We folded it long ways and as I walked closer to him to fold it in half the sultry sounds of Elvis's voice fills the room and we hear " Wise man say, only fools rush in...." That's our song! It became our song on the beach in Hawaii when we heard it playing distantly from one of the beach bar bands and it is our story word for word. As I reached him with my side of the big red sheet he stepped even closer to me and we began to dance. Right there in my living room with the big red sheet still in our hands we danced. Danced to our song that is quickly becoming part of our history and is sure to be a part of our future. Then he kissed me....and he smelled like peanut butter.

5 comments:

Christy said...

so good...(sigh)...keep em comin sistah!! i had forgotten what a great storyteller you are....now i know levi lou didn't lick that gift off the grass...another thing you two nuggets have in common!!

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

This is such a great story and oh do I love that song, well technically any song by Elvis is hard to argue with ;) I was so wrapped up in the story that I didn't see the end coming and that just made me laugh all that much harder!! Thank you!! ;)

Julie D. said...

maybe whenever you want him to do your laundry, you could play that song?! worth a try! ;)

Studlows said...

Great story, Sarah! Although not technically our song, me and Clint have the exact same memory on the beach in Hawaii....Fools Rush In must be a regular song played in the bars in Waikiki..ha ha!

Peplynpak said...

i'm lovin' your blog Sarah...sounds like you have yourself quite a man! can't wait to meet him!!