Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, July 2, 2010

It was the kindest thing he could have done

It was the kindest thing he could have done.

Georgia is hands done one of the happiest babies God has ever created. Her temperament is sweet, silly, laid back, calm and smiley. Many a friend who only gets to see her every so often will finally hear her make a baby noised comment on something and reply "Oh my gosh! Thats the first sound I've ever heard her make." Combine that with her super smiley way of living and she has become a fast favorite at our local neighborhood grocery store.

She is a pure joy.

A pure joy without any teeth.

My brother has been kind enough to curse me with the phrase " Georgie when you get teeth I hope you cry all night long." So it is no wonder why I was so mad at him while I lay with my scream crying child in our guest bed all night last night. As far as I'm concerned, last night was Ryan's fault. Especially since we still don't have a single tooth showing through this morning!

Daren has Friday's off throughout the summer and usually loves his extra sleeping-in time. This morning when our sweet sad little girl woke back up bright and early she also woke up her Dad. As I rocked her in the glider in her room, with my eyes so heavy they were shutting all on their own, I heard him moving around to the bathroom and back. I was expecting him to reclaim his right full place in the middle of the bed for some summer snoozing when I heard him sneak into the nursery. I couldn't even get my eyes to open until I felt him lift our girl up and out of my arms and into his. He smiled at me quietly and walked the two of them out of the room.

It was the kindest thing he could have done.

Two hours later when I walked down the stairs I found Daren, Georgia and Boomer all laying together on the floor smiling at me and talking about The Farm.

It was the kindest thing he could have done.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

parenting makes us love our husbands that much more!! yes, it was ryan's fault. Can I grin a little??!! :) (just a little)

shelly said...

Amen to that being the kindest thing!

That's a good man!

CulyQFun said...

Agreed, way to go Daren.
And Agreed with Julie - parenting does make us love our husbands so much more.
Bill took Ellia so I could sleep longer on Father's Day when she woke up bright and early.