Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Friday, October 16, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!

Georgia Elizabeth
Born 10/15/09
Weighing 6 lbs 0 oz and 19 inches long





Labor was 36 hours with one fantastic husband who was as wonderful, attentive, supportive and gentle as any women could ever hope for and one mother of mine who used to be an OB nurse and was the most impressive contraction coach on the floor, two great anesthesiologists who did everything they could to help with the pain when both epidurals failed. And after 25.5 hours with no epidural I was not in the mood for the pain to continue and increase. The second anesthesiologist even came out of his surgery, a c-section for twins, to give me a bolster shot to help me through the final stages of labor and the pushing! Amazing. I am for pain meds and proud after all of this. Our nurse was incredible and even came over to be our nurse again after Georgia was born.

I have found it so amazing how quickly not one of the hours of pain matters when you are finally holding your baby in your own arms. This is the most amazing, wonderful, and incredible thing I have ever done. I am in awe that God has blessed me with this little tiny GIRL!

The moment she was born and the whole room shouted "Its a Girl!" was the most fun and wonderful moment ever. Daren and I both expected the baby to be a boy and we both looked at each other and started to immediately laugh and cry. I couldn't stop saying " We actually got a girl!" Our sweet Georgia girl is the first girl in Daren's family is 55 years. But more on that at another time. My daughter needs me now...

Oh how I love her.

8 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!

shelly said...

I love it! I love how you all laugh and cry and say you can't believe it's a girl! Congrats again!

CulyQFun said...

First girl in 55 years, wow! Thursday the 15th was the day for girls & breaking boy streaks!

Bill's good friend and his wife had little Phoebe Kay on the same day,she is their 4th & last child. They already have 3 boys. AND the first girl born on Chris's side of family in 5 generations!!

Way to go!!! She is beautiful. I call dibs at Thanksgiving!!!

Alison said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! What an awesome experience! She is beautiful!Can't wait to hear more.

Kerri said...

She is just precious Sarah! Congratulations. She looks like you :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!!! Take care

Brianne

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness sakes.....55 years?!!! She is absolutely preciously beautiful. Congratulations from Eastern Oregon! ~PattyAnn DeGrofft

The Oregon Thorndikes said...

She's so perfect! Good job!