Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

20 weeks

Half way there and toes half hidden.


We had out BIG Ultrasound last week.  People kept calling it the "Big Ultrasound" and I really had no idea why since we are choosing to have our baby's gender be a surprise on its birthday.  But Oh. My. Goodness.  This ultrasound was awesome! You can see everything from the brain and heart, to the spine and bones of the arms and legs, to the kidneys and its precious little feet. Daren was looking for two things, all ten toes and a possible baby wiener....the Tech did not scan the 'area' directly and all Daren found for sure were the toes.

Mother blindness is already setting in. I have no idea what others actually think of this precious little profile but to me, its the most beautiful little face I've ever seen.  Baby kept opening its little mouth and sticking out its tongue.  Who has ever thought of an unborn baby's tongue!  Even the ultrasound tech said "Wow, I've never seen a baby do that so much."  And I, of course, was already proud of the accomplishment of our little one.
The whole time I was laying on that ultrasound table I kept saying "This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in my life!"  I still feel that way. Pregnancy is bizarre and more miraculous than I can even wrap my mind around.

20 down, 20 to go. 

4 comments:

Kerri said...

That is the most precious little profile! That is a hard shot to get, trust me :)

Your little bump is precious. It is fun watching you along this journey to motherhood.

Katie Bella said...

So exciting Sarah and Daren! Wish I was there to rub your belly, I know you would let me. :)I want to see more belly pics, side profiles, all that jazz. :) Keep , keeping us posted! :)

Ciao Bella Benson,

Love,
Katie

PS I need to chat with you, going to Spain in a few weeks...

CulyQFun said...

Such cute pictures. I am glad you had a good time at your ultrasound.

I am up late tonight researching baby shower ideas!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

That's a girl in there...chatty-kathy!