Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

List of Things I'm Learning

This getting married in less than a years provides a lot of growth opportunities and lots and lots of learning. I am a person who doesn't like to be stagnant in life and is contantly trying to push forward. Be it by reading a new insightful book( the Compassionate Samuri is so worth the read), learning a new program at work, finding a new way to cook chicken, taking on new running challenges, I strive to be always morving forward. Walking in the direction of my dreams and choosing to live the life I've imagined. Here are a few things I am learning at this stage of my journey.

The life you live is your choice.

Cooking is easier than I thought and as it turns out, I like it!

HG TV and the Food Network are much more inspiring and interesting than I have given them credit for.

I am learning to share. :) As the youngest and the only girl I have not been called upon to have to share as much of my life and of myself as I will as a wife. I am even learning to share dessert...a little.

The books "Saving your Marriage Before it Starts" and "The Five Love Languages" are two very insightful and effeective books. It is such a blessing to be able to know at this stage in our relationship that my giving Daren a gift does not speak to him of my love as loudly as a simple neck massage does. Thats years of frustration averted and wasted money saved by reading and talking about just one book!

Don't hope to be happy. Choose.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love that whole thing!!! I especially love the 'choice' thing!!I LIVE by that 'choice' bit. It is vital for me. One would argue that there are external things that happen to us that we can't control...but even then, at some point, at some moment, it's our move.

Thanks for reminder lady.

Love you!

CulyQFun said...

I loved your post. I really loved the last line about not hoping to be happy but choosing. That is soooo true!!! I am going to steal it. Look for a blog about it, because it got my mind running. ;o)