Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Monday, January 21, 2008

1960's and beyond..or rather behind

On this Martin Luther King Day in which we are to celebrate diversity my office has taken a different step back in time and turned to another issue, not one of racism but rather sexism. ( One of my personal favorite discrimination's) Upper management ( all men) asked my boss, Ryan, if I would still be working at the HBA after I got married. They weren't asking if I would be moving onward and upward in my career. They were asking if I was going to quite working just because I was married!

Its nice we've come so far as a society...
~Sarah "Its a scientific fact that my brain is smaller" D

2 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

Wow! In regards to the last statement, I am willing to put money on the line that while it may be a "scientific fact" your brain is smaller, I am willing to bet there is a certain part of the anatomy that is much smaller on all of those good 'ole boys!

Mystery said...

Please let the record state that upper management in the lovely land of the Umpqua would not ask such questions. Rather we would ask why the hell you are working in the first place! Get back in the kitchen!! Ha ha. -Liz (I'm not sure why it says Street of Dreams Staff as my username)