Follow the telling of Georgia's spica casting at Pink Spica Cast.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mans Best Friend

Turns out, in the Benson home man's best friend is actually the woman's right hand man.

Last night Daren and I began a...discussion.  This discussion may have involved raised voices and then a lot a tense silence that continued on into this morning.  As the two of us stood in the kitchen this morning eating breakfast it was clear that it was time to make our final arguments.

Daren spoke and I spoke. This time there were no raised voices only thoughts and the memories of last nights feelings. As I neared the end of my closing argument Boomer came around one side of our kitchen island and sat securely by my side and stared straight up at Daren.  Daren look down at him and said "Are you defending her?"   With that comment Burl, Daren's dog whom he refers to as his first son, came around the other side of the island and sat solidly down on my other side.  "You too?!" was Daren's response.

Clearly, in the eyes of the dogs, I made a better closing argument.

Good Boys!

3 comments:

StevieZ and The Funkybunch™ said...

Ouch!! HAHAHAhahaha!!!

CulyQFun said...

Love it!!

Julie D. said...

so funny! maddie always sits right by me when we are fighting too!